Arkan Building Materials Co. PJSC is a public joint stock company specializing in the manufacturing of building and construction products. Established in 2005, Arkan is 51 percent owned by General Holding Corporation (SENAAT), an entity wholly owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi to promote sustainable industrial activity in Abu Dhabi. The remaining 49 percent of shares are listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market. The vision of Arkan Group is to build a large integrated building products enterprise that serves the local and regional construction industries. Arkan’s portfolio companies include Emirates Cement Factory - one of the UAE’s leading cement manufacturers, Emirates Blocks Factories - producer of high quality concrete blocks with locations in Al Mafraq and Al Ain, and ANABEEB - a leading manufacturer of plastic pipes (GRP & PVC) and bags. The company is currently constructing Al Ain Cement Factory, which once ready will be one of the largest in the UAE with a capacity of 3.1 million tons of clinker per year and 4.5 million tons of cement. The company is also developing Arkan Dry Mortar, a high-capacity dry mortar plant located in Al Mafraq, which will produce a range of dry mix products. The Group actively partakes in building materials investments across the UAE, with a focus on growth opportunities in Abu Dhabi.