From the Chairman's desk
Dear Arkan family, Under the guidance of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, and His Highness General
Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, the government of Abu Dhabi actively
supports and develops the national economy, while also shaping a future strategy focused on encouraging investments in the industrial sector, one of
the main pillars of a strong and prosperous economy. The government is also focused on creating sustainable sources of
income that will support the ongoing development of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi in order to withstand developments in both local and global markets.
Milestones of success
The present Emirates block factory has been established by General Industry Corporation (GIC) the current General Holding Corporation [GHC] in 1979 at Al
Established in 1979, the Emirates Block Factory began its journey as Al Wathba Block Factory. It was established by General Industry Corporation,
which evolved into the General Holding Corporation. The early days were a period of rapid growth and the factory was equipped
with the latest automatic machinery to produce concrete blocks required for the construction industry in Abu Dhabi. With exponential development of the
construction sector in the country, it was found that the capacity of the factory was not meeting the demand from the market.
Building on innovation Emirates Blocks is ably supported by a sophisticated laboratory, which houses the most modern testing and monitoring
facilities for all types of material as per international standards.
The Quality Management System is based on ISO 9001:2000 standard
accredited by BM TRADA Quality Certification Body.
Emirates Blocks are produced to confirm to the requirement of BS: 6073 and Emirates
Interlocking Pavers are made to confirm to the requirement of BS: 6717 -1:1993.
BM Trada Certifications
Arkan Group of Companies
Arkan Building Materials Co. PJSC is a public joint stock company specializing in the manufacturing of building and construction products.
Established in 2005, Arkan is 51 percent owned by General Holding Corporation (SENAAT), an entity wholly owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi to promote sustainable industrial activity in Abu Dhabi. The remaining 49 percent of shares are listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market.
The vision of Arkan Group is to build a large integrated building products enterprise that serves the local and regional construction industries.
. Arkan portfolio companies include Emirates Cement Factory - one of the UAE leading cement manufacturers, Emirates Blocks Factories - producer of high quality concrete blocks with